Benefits of positive thinking
You have probably had someone tell you to “look on the bright side” or to “see the cup as half full.” Chances are good that the people who make these comments are positive thinkers. Researchers are finding more and more evidence pointing to the many benefits of optimism and positive thinking.
The health benefits of positive thinking
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
You have better relationships with people
Positive and open people make a better first impression and usually have a lot of friends. People usually are attracted to positive persons and want to maintain a friendship with them, that’s why positive thinkers have an active social life.
Several studies are now revealing that if you have a positive outlook on life you have better health. What’s the connection? If you’re not focusing on the negatives, you don’t beat your body down with stress, anxiety, worry and frustration.